Monday, April 29, 2013

Back in the Dating Game :)

Josh and I love going out together. We find so much joy in spending time with each other and exploring new places and trying new things. We are in no way shape or form "home-bodies". Needless to say, this has been hard on our checkbook. :) Once we realized this we decided to start a weekly night specifically designated for going out. Our "date night" as it is neatly scribbled onto our calender. :) The plan was that we would stay in (or go hijack my parent's BBQ & pool ;) !!) the other 6 nights of the week, and date nights would be designated for eating out, movies, meeting up with friends in cities we don't frequent...etc.

We are on week two of this new date night thing and I am totally looking forward to week three. I have to say it is SO much better than I even expected it to be! Sure, I have been on many "dates" with my husband, but planning on our dates in advance have made it that much more fun. I feel like I am actually "dating" my husband again. It has made it so much more special. I love getting dressed up knowing that I am going out on a date NOT just going to dinner with my husband.

This has been such a fun thing in our marriage. I totally see the significance in dating your spouse. I feel so loved and filled up at the end of the night. This may have started as a solution to spending so much money but it has ended up being so much more than that. Something that I treasure very much. It is something I hope to continue for the rest of our lives, however it changes our evolves. I hope it is always something that remains. I urge my married friends to date your spouse...it will do wonders for your marriage--I promise! If you need a sitter--call me :)

I just thought I would share this little update in our family :)
We are totally back in the dating game and LOVING IT!

XOXO
Em


 Our First two Date Night Photos...
Decades  more to come :)





No comments:

Post a Comment