Friday, June 12, 2015

Beautifully Ordinary

Our family is on the brink of transition. There are a million things that could change at any moment but God keeps telling us "Not yet".  I feel as if I am standing on the edge of the pool, toes touching the water just enough to feel cold, waiting for someone to tell me to jump. Right on the edge, but not quite there. I want to canon ball. But I can't.

Why is waiting so hard? Why is contentment such a battle?

I have really been trying to be in the moment. Love my life right where it is, and not where I want it to be. Loving the simple things in life and soaking up the beauty of what is...
Dancing barefoot in the kitchen.
Singing with my baby girl.
Friends who get it.
Naptime dates with my husband. Thank God for nap time.
Walking to the pet store to play with the kittens.
Chasing the birds and stopping to smell the flowers. 
Bedtime conversations about Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
Wine with dinner and ice cream for dessert. And then wine for dessert... :)

(As I write this I realize we really are knee deep in the trenches of toddlerhood...I wouldn't have it any other way.)

I don't want to miss what is now because I am too wrapped up in what is coming. I thank Jesus for my baby girl who reminds me how important it is to slow down. She's growing all too fast. I hold on tight and breathe her in. Remember these sweet moments.

This life is not for the faint of heart. Shit happens. And its messy and twisty and scary. But there is so much beauty in the ordinary of this world. Remember to hold on to those beautifully ordinary moments and lean in to your people. They will make you brave. And hold tight to the one who knows the depths of your heart. He knows. And he loves you deeply because of it.

Life is not coming. Life is here. It is happening right in this moment. Feel the water on your toes and the sun on your back. And remember that it won't be this way forever. Enjoy it while you can.









No comments:

Post a Comment