Friday, January 10, 2014

For the Bug.

Tomorrow will mark the last day of the first full week of twenty fourteen.

One of my New Years Resolutions was to write more regularly this year. I am currently in the process of picking a new name, redesigning my site, etc...so I kept putting it off until my site was "more beautiful, more complete"...I am having trouble coming up with the perfect name. "Once I find THE name I will start". Needless to say...I was majorly putting it off!

But then, tonight, after a talk with a good friend I like to call "Mom" I realized that I am not writing for anyone but myself...and the bug.

This journey was intended as a creative outlet for me and as a little glimpse into my soul for my daughter. One of my favorite things is reading my mother's writing. I soak up every word. Let it sink in. Breathe in the marvelous-ness that is her. When I was younger I would sneak into her room and secretly read her journals. I wasn't trying to be nosy...I just wanted to learn more about her. I wanted to know her thoughts. I found the things she had to say interesting and insightful. I probably couldn't define it at the time but I wanted to know her on a more intimate level. 

The best way to define the way I have entered into this year is "hopeful". Things feel different this year. I feel different this year. I want to record this pivotal, transitional time in my life for my girl. I want write with honesty and openness. I want this to be a place where she can come, soak it in and breathe in me.

This will be a sacred place. 
A place to share my brave moments and my scary moments. 
My trials and my lessons. 
A place to share the amazingness that God does and the times I really don't feel Him.
A place to pour out my heart and stretch myself creatively. 
A place to be silly and to be real. A place for me...and the bug. :)

XO, Em

Some highlights of our week:

Sitting in the grass, watching the cars.

On an afternoon walk to the grocery store.

 Snuggles in the park, watching the skateboarders.


No comments:

Post a Comment